Add Your First Monitor
Let's add your first monitor to ensure the uptime of your website.
A monitor not only checks for uptime but also sends alerts if your SSL certificate is expiring soon. Additionally, it computes Web Vital scores using Lighthouse, providing insights into areas where your website can improve.
Follow these steps to set up your first monitor:
- Click on Monitors in the left side pane.
- Click on Add New Monitor.
- Fill in the required details: i. Name: Give a descriptive name to your monitor. ii. Endpoint: Enter the URL you want to monitor. iii. Scroll to the bottom and click on Test.
- If the response summary shows the result as SUCCESS, it means that the basic configuration is properly set.
- Close the popup and activate your monitor by scrolling to the top.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on SAVE.
After a few moments, you can navigate to the SSL and Web Vitals sections at the top to monitor if any certificates have expired and to view your current web vitals.
Let's move on to the next step! For more detailed information about monitors, please refer to the Monitor section.